Privacy and Cookies Policy
Here at Silica Associates Ltd, we take your privacy seriously and will only use the personal information that we have collected from you to provide the services you have requested from us, or to process and pay you for the products or services you provide us with.
We collect basic personal data in order to provide you with our services, and to enable payment to us for those services under the standard terms of business or the contract we have with you. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the services we have agreed with you and to maintain our business relationship.
We collect basic personal data to create orders with you and to process and pay for the products and services you provide us with.
Use of Data
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by Silica Associates Ltd and trusted third parties. No other parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide them with this. Our legal basis for processing your data is a legitimate interest.
We may also act as a data processor for personal data supplied by you as the data controller, if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract. In this instance the legal basis for the processing would be determined by you, the data controller. This data would be processed by Silica Associates Ltd and trusted third parties with your prior consent.
Where your information is used other than in accordance with one of these uses, we will first obtain your consent for that use.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
How long we keep your data
Your personal data will be kept for 6 years. It will then be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. Personal data that we process on your behalf as a data controller will be retained and destroyed according to your contracted instructions.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will only be shared with trusted third parties including other data processors and controllers where it is necessary for the provision of our services to you or for the performance of the data controller’s tasks or where you first give us your prior consent.
It is likely that we may need to share your data with:
– Our agents, suppliers and contractors. For example, we may ask a supplier to maintain our accounts database, or to provide us with administration, IT and other related services.
Data collected on Website
Information that you provide to us
We collect and process information that you may provide on the contact form. On the contact form you will be asked for your contact information if you request information from us. We will only use this contact information to fulfil your request.
If you think that the information we hold on you is incorrect you can ask to look at the information we hold on you and have it updated or deleted. If you would like to contact us about your personal data or want to raise a complaint on how we have processed your personal data then please email us at email@example.com
If you are unhappy with our response or think that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/ Our reference number is ZA378865)
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device. They are mainly used to make websites work more efficiently alongside providing information to the website owners.
We use first party cookies. First party cookies are set by the website you are visiting and can only be read by that site.
Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Microsoft Edge cookies information
- Internet Explorer cookies information
- Chrome cookies information
- Firefox cookies information
- Safari cookies information – mobile devices and desktops
- Opera cookies information
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use it. This is also available in the Chrome web store.
- Some browsers include a feature known as ‘Do Not Track’ or DNT. This allows you to indicate a preference that websites should not track you. However, whilst DNT is available in many browsers, websites are not required to recognise its request, so it may not always work. You can get help on how to use DNT in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
- For more information on how private browsing works as well as its limitations, visit the support pages for your browser: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari (mobile and desktop) and Opera.
Please note: The above links take you to external websites and we are not responsible for their content.
Provision of Services
Provision of Services Regulations 2009
The following information is given in accordance with the Provision of Services Regulations 2009.
Silica Associates Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 05451589 and registered office at 71 Christian Fields, London, England, SW16 3JU. Silica Associates Ltd’s VAT number is 864 2117 33.
Criminal record checks
Relevant Associates within Silica Associates Ltd are registered with the Disclosure Barring Service for work with schools and Academies.
Quality of Service
If you are not satisfied with any contractual services received, or if you have any suggestions for improvement of our services, please contact the engagement partner or Rama Venchard, the Director responsible for quality who is located at our registered office. We will look carefully and promptly at any issues raised.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Our professional indemnity insurer is Hiscox Business Insurance Direct, 21 Tyndrum Street, Glasgow, G4 0JY.
Web Accessibility Statement (silica-associates.co.uk)
Silica Associates Ltd is committed to making its online presence, silica-associates.co.uk, as accessible as possible for everyone. We are currently reviewing all aspects of our website and are actively working to ensure that the existing site and our future online activities meet appropriate guidelines and standards on web accessibility issues.
An aspect of web accessibility is browser compatibility. Our site is designed to work across a variety of platforms and browsers, including mobile devices such as the Apple iPad and Android smartphones. The following desktop browsers have been tested successfully to view silica-associates.co.uk webpages:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and above
Mozilla Firefox 10 and above
Apple Safari 5 and above
Google Chrome 30
Comments and Suggestions
If you have any comments or suggestions on web accessibility issues relating to the silica-associates.co.uk site, please contact us at Info@silica-associates.co.uk