Education Project Management
Academy Project Management
Silica Associates has been involved in supporting schools (and Academy Sponsors) through their plans of converting to Academy status since 2005. We have successfully project managed the conversion of many schools and managed the pre-opening phase of new Academies, Free Schools, University Technical Colleges and Studio Schools.
We also work with over ten Multi Academy Trusts and manage their ongoing programme of conversions, including ‘Sponsored’, ‘Converter’ and ‘Fast Track’. We also work with them on the development of their Free School bids and the subsequent delivery of the new schools.
We have developed a range of best practice processes to mitigate issues that are likely to arise. We have also developed an excellent relationship with colleagues in the DfE and many Local Authorities.
All of our work has come through recommendations from satisfied customers, for which we are extremely grateful.
See our Recent Commissions for examples of how we have supported Academy Trusts and others.
We are also proud to announce the development of our ‘Evolution of a MAT’ module for use by Trustees and Executive Teams of Multi Academy Trusts.
Our range of support includes (the list is by no means exhaustive):
- Managing the conversion of a school to academy status
- Managing the process of re-brokering an academy from one Trust to another
- Establishing Multi-Academy Trusts
- Undertaking due diligence reviews of a school/academy on behalf of Trusts prior to sponsorship
- Managing public consultation processes
- Developing Free School or Local Authority Presumption Route bids
- Managing the pre-opening process of Free Schools or Basic Need schools
- Bid writing to secure additional funding from government agencies or grant giving charitable organisations
- Research to determine MAT strategic directions and/or decisions, e.g. such as need for additional special needs school places at county level
- Evaluation and development of MAT systems design and functions
- Evaluation and development of MAT central core services and options to deliver through new arrangements, either via third party or for the MAT to set up a new corporate delivery entity (subsidiary company)
- Evaluation of effectiveness of governance arrangements, e.g. of a FE College corporation, MAT Trust Board; and/or Single Academy Trust
- Evaluation of implementation of new systems and methodologies
- Facilitating the development of Education Briefs for Free Schools
- Managing the procurement of Legal, HR, Payroll, Insurance, Audit, school uniform and ICT consultancy services (as required)
- Facilitating Trustee and Governor support training
- Developing student recruitment strategies and action plans for new schools
- Programme Management of FE college mergers
“Rama and Dafydd provided a thorough overview and detailed guidance on setting up a multi academy trust (MAT) and converting schools to academy status. They were integral to our being able to set up Cygnus Academies Trust, a new MAT, and at the same time convert the first two schools to academy status on time.”